Helen Fowler Library Records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains documentation from the day to day functions of the library as well as other materials related to the management of the library through the years.
Biographical / Historical
The Helen Fowler Library was created for the Colorado Forestry and Horticulture Association, the precursor group to Denver Botanic Gardens. The library was started in 1946 with a collection and monetary doantion from Helen Fowler. Helen Fowler managed and ran the library resources for years, starting at the Horticulture House and later moving into the library at the Denver Botanic Gardens House (Waring House) located on the York Street campus of Denver Botanic Gardens. The library moved to the Beottcher Education Building circa 1970 and most recently to the Freyer-Newman Center in 2020. The library has since changed head librarians many times, but has grown and continues to provide botanical and horticultural resources to staff and visitors.
1.75 Linear Feet (2 containers)
Language of Materials
The Helen Fowler Library Records contain materials from the history of the library at Denver Botanic Gardens.
- Language of description
- Script of description